Youth For Peace/Peace Institute of Cambodia (YFP/PIC) is a Cambodian NGO that believes in sustainable peace and reconciliation has to be firmly rooted in local communities. We believe that youth can be motivated and empowered to play a constructive role as change agents for peace and reconciliation at the local level. We have trained thousands of young people in social responsibility, solidarity, conflict resolution and leadership. Using a progression of workshop, events and activities, YFP challenges and motivates youth to design and implement peace building projects in response to identified issues and creative solutions.
Youth for Peace is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Cambodian national to fulfill the position of Senior Project Officer (Research and Publication Project). The salary starts at 550 USD/ month and further trainings and capacity building opportunities will be provided according to qualification and commitment. The position will be based in Phnom Penh with occasional trips to provinces for data collection.
- Lead the documentation, research and publication component of the project
- Field research: interviews and transcription
- Contribute to Strategic Planning, M&E, Reporting and Public Relations (article writing)
- Assist in fundraising and proposal writing
- Financial management of the project under supervision
- Provide capacity building to staff and students
Required Qualifications and Assets:
- University degree in Journalism, Media and Communication and/or Social Science / Law / Psychology / Peace and Conflict Studies or related fields.
- at least 3 years work experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work in an intercultural context (with an international counterpart)
- Able to work in and coordinate a team of staff and volunteers
- Able to stay in rural areas
- Knowledge of and interest in Cambodian history, reconciliation, and social development
- Good time management and able to meet deadlines.
- Computer and design skills/ radio and video production
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications electronically including letter of motivation, and YFP application form (please do not send certificates; only references may be included) to YFP administration - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can download YFP application form from YFP homepage. For further inquiries please contact YFP at #4-6 G Street 516/289 Sangkat Boeungkok I, Khan Tuolkork, Phone: (855-23) 881 346/991 346. For more information about Youth for Peace please refer to www.yfpcambodia.org
The application should be submitted no later than 07 June 2012 by 4:00 p.m. We strongly encourage women to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for writing test and interview.
Download Application Form